BEC is pleased to announce three presentations that will be given on the prospectivity of Guinea Bissau.
These talks are to be delivered in Senegal, London and Cape Town:
- MSGBC Summit, Dakar
10th May 2022, 12pm.
The Southern MSGBC Basin new plays and opportunities.
MSGBC Basin Summit
- AAPG/PESGB – BEOS Conference, London
1st & 2nd September 2022, 3:30pm.
Southern MSGBC Basin, where are the discoveries?
- Africa Oil Week, Cape Town.
3rd – 7
th October 2022. Hosting the Guinea-Bissau National Showcase.
1 Hour on everything Guinea-Bissau, featuring PetroGuin and others.
Africa Oil Week
The talks are planning to cover a variety of topics and will deliver information on the following key points:
- The southern MSGBC contains proven petroleum systems with a variety of reservoir & source rocks
- The transition from historic exploration (poorly located wells & data) to successful exploitation is ongoing
- Initial exploration has led to Sangomar development
- Regional mapping from 3D illustrates prospectivity with analogues
- Large and new traps identified in variable water depths
- There is an issue with horizon identification until more wells are drilled
- Great future potential for those with a good regional understanding
- Abundant open acreage and portfolio building opportunities
BEC directors visit Bissau to meet PetroGuin delegates for the 2022 TCM/MCM
(Left) Elwyn Jones and Marc Guillon from BEC, Celedonio Placido Vieira, Head of PetroGuin, Jalica Correia Gomes, Technical Manager, Juelma Cubala, PR / HE Manager, Alcibiades Santos, Legal Manager.
(Right) BEC directors with Celedonio Placido Vieira.
(Left) Lunch with PetroGuin delegates. At the head of table: Julio Balde, MP, president adviser for Petroleum Affairs, ex-Minister of Natural Resources and ex-Secretary General of AGC.
(Right) One-to-one meeting with Celedonio Placido Vieira, Director General, PetroGuin.